A very common question I get asked is “what are calories?” or more occassionally “what the hell are these calorie things?”
Well, search engine defines calories as “The energy required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules).”
In my opinion, this is a crappy definition (in the scope of weight loss).
All you need to know about calories is that they are in food, and that if you consume too many, they get stored as fat.
i guess my explanation is a lot easier to understand, don’t you?
depending on your individual goals, everyone will have a different amount of calories that they should be consuming on any given day.
If I wanted to maintain my current weight, I would need to consume roughly 2200 calories a day.
This amount is quite high compared to other people’s, but I am very physically active and need a fair bit more energy to perform the rigorous exercises I perform daily.
For most people trying to shed some pounds, 1500-1700 would be a good number to aim for.
There are a number of calorie calculators online which will tell you how many calories you need every day to shed some pounds, based on your current weight, height, age, gender, and goals.
A quick search engine search for “calorie calculator”, and the first result will tell you how many calories you must be aiming for each day.
Once you know how many calories you need every day, head here to find out what foods you want to eat to achieve this.
Well, search engine defines calories as “The energy required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules).”
In my opinion, this is a crappy definition (in the scope of weight loss).
All you need to know about calories is that they are in food, and that if you consume too many, they get stored as fat.
i guess my explanation is a lot easier to understand, don’t you?
depending on your individual goals, everyone will have a different amount of calories that they should be consuming on any given day.
If I wanted to maintain my current weight, I would need to consume roughly 2200 calories a day.
This amount is quite high compared to other people’s, but I am very physically active and need a fair bit more energy to perform the rigorous exercises I perform daily.
For most people trying to shed some pounds, 1500-1700 would be a good number to aim for.
There are a number of calorie calculators online which will tell you how many calories you need every day to shed some pounds, based on your current weight, height, age, gender, and goals.
A quick search engine search for “calorie calculator”, and the first result will tell you how many calories you must be aiming for each day.
Once you know how many calories you need every day, head here to find out what foods you want to eat to achieve this.

0 Comments